Saturday, September 15, 2007

First Blogging Attempt

Hello Friends,

We at the Elwood Community Church have started this blog as a way of doing some interacting between myself (Pastor Jason) and the rest of the community. Each week during our evening service, people will have time to reflect on the scripture passages and the sermon. If people feel led to write or share observations and or questions, this is the place where it will be posted. I would like to set a few ground rules.

1) Claim what you write. If you have something to share, please don't do so anonymously. While there are places where anonymity is important, this blog should not be one of them.

2) Follow the rule of Love: If there is disagreement over thing that are written, that's fine- in fact there probably should be seeing as how we aren't the Borg (Sorry, Star Trek reference). However when we do so, it needs to be in a respectful and humble way. ABSOLUTELY NO NAME CALLING.

3) If anyone has any concerns about how this is run, please talk to me about it, not someone else. I can't change formats or discussion rules until I know what needs to be changed.

I'm looking forward to doing this. I hope that you read and join in the discussion.

No comments: